Monday, March 30, 2009

Pound for Pound challenge



Because I'm getting married and my sister's getting married and my fiance's sister is getting married, pretty much everyone I know is trying to lose weight right now. (Also, bikini season! I know, I know. That was mean.) Anyway, while doing my favorite workout--watching Biggest Loser--I heard about a great motivation for losing weight.

Kraft and The Biggest Loser are sponsoring the Pound for Pound challenge. They're asking for people across America to pledge to lose weight this spring and for every pound lost, they will donate the equivalent of 1 pound of groceries to a local food bank. You need to report your weight loss between April 1st and May 5th, but so far more than 2.5 million pounds have been pledged! There's also recipes, workout tips and videos from the Biggest Loser trainers to help. But I say, don't think of this as more pressure to look better, think of it as great motivation to help others by helping yourself. It's a great cause and hopefully will talk you out of that second dessert after dinner!

Check out details at www.pfpchallenge.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment