Sunday, July 12, 2009

Where have I been?

Sorry for the MIA in posting. But a lack of computer access meant no posting. But let me catch you up with what's been going on.

1) We chose a cake design.

2) We handled the rentals and the bar.

3) We chose a photographer.

4) We bought wedding bands.

5) I booked hair and makeup.

6) Our invite designer created a monogram for us.

7) I made custom etsy requests for flower baby dresses, wands, bridesmaid dresses and pocket squares for the groomsmen.

8) We hired the Austin Community College to be our florist.

Alright, we'll hit the first 7 soon, but first, the flowers. Yes I planned to do the flowers myself and yes, I think we could've done a great job. But then I read about an Austin wedding where the bride had used the community college's florist program. It seemed like a great deal, so I emailed them to see the deal. Would it be affordable b/c it would be a school project, would they be willing to work with my tiny budget? Yes and yes! Apparently they try to book as many weddings/events as possible for their students and basically work at cost. So it's like DIY without the Y. Perfect. Which means the night before the wedding, I'll just relax with friends and family and get a good night's sleep before the big day. And here's a few pics I sent for flower inspiration.


Bridal Bouquets







I love big, fluffy garden roses and decided to splurge on them for my bouquet. We're not sure they'll be in season, but I have my fingers crossed. The plan right now is ivory roses with some little blue flowers stuck in. But I'm not sure it wouldn't be nice to add some pale yellow or pink. What do you think?

For centerpieces, I told them mixed wild-looking flowers in blue mason jars.







For colors, I'm thinking the same colors that are in the stain-glass windows. Blues, purples, yellow, pink, and green. So all over the place.

For the bridesmaids, I'm all over the place. Baby blue hydrangeas? White? Yellow roses? Darker blue delphinium?







For the groomsmen, we've decided to skip bouts and gift them each a gingham yellow pocket square with monogram in blue that we found for $3 on Etsy. But for the groom, I think he should still have one. Maybe one like this, but with spray roses, b/c apparently ranunculus is out of season in September.



And for the moms, both chose wrist corsages. I saw these beauties on Martha Stewart and thought they were beautiful.





I'm thinking pale yellow flowers with an ivory ribbon b/c their dresses are (respectively) mocha and teal.

So what do you think about the flowers? What should I do about the bridesmaids? Anything else?

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of very simple, not too large, identical bridesmaid bouquets. Like I think something in all white would be fine. Especially if we go for the wrap dress, which will give us some individual variation. Plus, as of now, we don't know what the exact color of the dresses will be. White will work w/ everything.
    My coupla cents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, you're back to posting! Missed ya!

    ReplyDelete